Job Title: MotorClothes/General Merchandise Associate
Supervisor: MotorClothes/Merchandise Manager
Provide courteous, knowledgeable assistance to customers; perform cashiering, stocking and other duties to promote efficient functioning of department. Resolve difficult customer problems in a courteous and professional manner. Focus on the in-store customer experience, follow up with dealership customers, and presentation of Harley-Davidson MotorClothes/Merchandise. Selling of Harley-Davidson MotorClothes/Merchandise to dealership customers appropriate to their preferences and needs by applying the RPM Sales Process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to all of the dealership’s customers.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Meet customer needs, offers options, resolves problems and follows up with customers.
- Ensure full customer satisfaction without unnecessarily referring customer to other staff members.
- Maintain friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Provide professional, knowledgeable, courteous customer service.
- Assist customers in locating merchandise, offer additional product that compliments the purchase, takes special orders, answers questions, communicates policies on returns and exchanges.
- Point out any sales, specials, new merchandise, fast-selling and slow-selling stock to customers.
- Notify customers when special orders or back-ordered items are received.
- Possess the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction.
- Monitor for shoplifting.
- Perform cashiering functions in accordance with company cash handling policies and procedures.
- Does not accept checks unless processed through cross checks.
- Use appropriate verification procedures for credit card purchases.
- Follow the Premiums Checkout Process the company has in place.
- Maintain accurate customer list in database.
- Check price tags for alterations.
- Keep sales floor and displays neat, clean and fully-stocked.
- Ensure merchandise is attractively displayed and appealing to customers.
- Maintain showroom product availability by stocking shelves and displays.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of inventory.
- Maintain cashiering desk and areas dust free, clean, and organized.
- Keep cashiering area well-stocked with necessary supplies, such as shopping bags, credit card drafts, etc.
- Assist with answering incoming calls and directing them to the appropriate person or department.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Make tags for damaged merchandise, delivers daily to designated area.
- Appropriately takes in customers’ defective merchandise for warranty, correctly complete the warranty tag, and deliver the defective merchandise to designated area.
- Follow the Ticket to Ride process for customers purchasing bikes.
- Make introductions to other departments to ensure cross selling of motorcycles, Parts and Accessories, Financing, Insurance Products and Services, Warranties and Service Plans.
- Stay up to date on all required HDU courses.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with product knowledge, sales techniques, merchandising, and inventory control issues.
- Assist MotorClothes/Merchandise Manager with attaining retail sales plans in MotorClothes/Merchandise.
- Follow and practice the RPM sales process providing all customers with consistent treatment.
- Receive and process merchandise from distributors, check merchandise received against purchase invoice, log merchandise into inventory, and prepare product for showroom floor.
- Conduct or participate in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise.
- Assist with set-up, organization, and staging of special events such as Open Houses, workshops, fashion shows, etc.
- Follow all procedures to complete all paperwork and trackers accurately and in a timely manner.
- Remain alert and on the floor at all times.
- Handle customer complaints according to dealership policy, showing empathy and a positive attitude while demonstrating our commitment to “make things right”, as specifically directed by the MotorClothes/Merchandise Manager.
- Comply with all company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree or greater required.
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience required, with 3-5 years preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer knowledge and experience with selling of Harley-Davidson MotorClothes/Merchandise, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc..
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and corresponding programs.
- Good attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Approachable, likeable, and enthusiastic personality.
- Ability to get along with broad customer base.
- High energy level needed.
- Be self-motivated, positive, driven and helpful.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Great customer service, excellent personal communication, and demonstrated closing skills.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach and lift 50lbs of material.
- Requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Normally indoors, however, some outdoor work is required during open houses or other events.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.